Keeping you safe during these uncertain times…
We are doing our best to manage The Red Lion in a way that keeps our staff, guests and third party visitors safe during the pandemic. This is our top priority and we have changed a few things in order to do it. If you have specific concerns or have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.
This is a strange time and our team is doing its very best to keep everyone safe. Please follow our instructions; refusal, rudeness or abusive language will not be tolerated.
We are currently operating reduced opening times
We are currently operating reduced opening times, so please do check before visiting us. For your safety, all staff members are required to have their temperature taken and sign a declaration before each shift, to ensure they are not unwell.
Many of the little touches around the building like cushions, candles, magazines, newspapers, pamphlets and dog treats have been put away for now – we hope you understand. Tables will not be laid up in advance and there is to be no standing or socialising at the bar. We know it looks a little sparse but this is to remove any possible touch points that could spread the virus.
We have a large restaurant and garden but only a small kitchen, so we can only safely accommodate three people working in the kitchen. This has reduced our capacity, so please try to consider this during busy times and ensure that you book a table if you wish to eat.
Please respect everyone’s personal space and keep a safe distance at all times
In order to adhere to social distancing guidelines, from Monday 14th September, we are only accepting bookings for up to six people, whether seated indoors or outdoors. There is no restriction on the number of different households your party of six can combine.
Please enter via the main car park entrance and depart using the front door or far door to the garden only. If you have mobility problems and you need to enter through the garden door, please let us know in advance and we can stop the flow of traffic to enable you to do this.
At the entrance we politely request that you wait to be greeted by a member of staff, so that we can:
1. Request that you wear a face covering when moving around in the public areas, this may be removed once you are seated at a table.
2. Guide you through registering for test and trace. We are using an app that stores your details securely for 21 days, following GDPR regulations. Your details will only be used in the event that the test and trace department need to contact you regarding potential contact with the virus, otherwise they will be automatically deleted after 3 weeks.
3. Take your temperature using an infrared forehead thermometer - a reading of 37.8ᵒC or above will mean that you will be asked to visit us another time, just to be on the safe side.
4. Go through the new protocol for your visit. Please note that this process will take a little time and we ask that you be patient while we do this. It is for the safety of our staff and customers.
5. Ask you to sanitise your hands before entering the building and remind you to adhere to our one-way system.
A great deal of consideration has gone into the placement of tables and chairs. For this reason, we ask that you don’t move tables, chairs or furniture, inside or outside.
Please follow the arrows when moving around indoors and stay in the boxes when queueing to get to the bar. We ask that you try to make payments by card (contactless where possible). We won’t refuse cash payments but would prefer not to take them.
Thank you for your patience and your continued support at this time.
The Red Lion Team